We believe communities have innate wisdom. Our initiatives enable citizens to
identify and develop existing value, igniting life-affirming inspiration, action and opportunities.
Zingela Ulwazi is a Not For Profit organization based in Limpopo Province, South Africa. Our mission is to enable access to information that empowers, inspires and ignites unrecognised, untapped potential.
Local communities drive projects with us and we collaborate with organisations focused on leadership, creativity, ecology, joy and abundance.
We are taking action to ensure that this generation of South Africans has access to what they need to be healthy, active, engaged citizens creating positive futures.
Partners and Collaborators
Bringing together experts, we develop initiatives and workshops to suit the communities we work in.
We’re incredibly excited to present Skills of Our Children, a creative workshop in April 2015 and international art exhibition in July 2015 at Shobiyana High School in Acornhoek, Mpumalanga, facilitated by world renowned sculptor Andries Botha and local artists Walter Sibuyi, Ommie Ngwenya, Nemrod Lekaba and Nick Vorono.
Our network of inspired and fabulous collaborators includes:
- Seeds of Light, a US NFP responsible for building Ekurhuleni Centre for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Acornhoek, Mpumalanga; for creating the brilliant Acornhoek Leadership Forum and also excellent seasonal permaculture training courses that are changing the lives of many people living in Acornhoek.
- The Andries Botha Foundation who implement creative solutions to conservation issues are assisting us in producing a children’s book in English and Xitsonga, illustrated by the children of Ekurhuleni Center for Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
- Room to Read focus on impacting literacy by developing literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and gender equality in education. R2R has trained our librarians and assisted with donations of great furniture and excellent books.
- Mpumalanga Department of Culture, Sport and Recreation have agreed to build a community library in Acornhoek. Zingela Ulwazi will be supplying 30,000 books we have procured from the wonderful organisation Books for Africa, and an additional 20,000 collected by our raring-to-go volunteers in Australia.
- Centre for the Book is an outreach unit of the National Library of South Africa. Its mission is to promote a culture of reading, writing and publishing in local languages and easy access to books for all. We LOVE the books in South African indigenous languages they have donated to our libraries.
- Medikidz, five energetic, larger-than-life superheroes on a mission to help young people understand illness and medical concepts donated 150 of their exquisite comic book explaining HIV to young people, Medikidz Explain What’s Up with Sipho.
- The FunDza Literacy Trust boosts literacy among teen and young adult South Africans by popularising reading, growing a community of readers and developing young writing talent. They keep sending us their excellent and immesely popular publications for young South Africans, which we love!
- Pack for a Purpose – whose mission is to positively impact communities around the world by assisting travelers who want to bring meaningful contributions to the destinations they visit.
- Madile Primary School Library and Beretta Primary School, who have their own wonderful libraries, Sibonile Day Care Creche, Mathomomayo Drop-In Centre and several other schools in Acornhoek are recipients of books we procure from various sources.
Would you like to partner with us? For more information please contact Stella Horgan: email@example.com